[GRASSLIST:1512] system() & R

Cannata, Massimiliano massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch
Fri Oct 17 05:54:40 EDT 2003

Hello users,
i write an R script that execute temperature interpolation
inside a GRASS environmental.
Now all i want to do is write a GRASS command that send
some variable and command to my system.....

After having started my GRASS section i have to run my
command, set my variable and then trogth the C system()
command start my R section, execute my script.R and quit
R.

My problem is that after starting R section my system do
not go on..... is waiting for command input.....
Have you the solution?

Follows my code:

//variable setted
timestamp = input->answer;
	dtm=elevation->answer;

//start R
	system("R;");

//delete all variable
	system("rm(list = ls());");

//set the R variable Ttime & dem
	command = strcat("Ttime<-'",(const char*)timestamp);
	command = strcat(command,"' > /home/tmp.txt");
	system(command);
	printf(command);

	command = strcat("dem<-'",(const char*)dtm);
	command = strcat(command,"' > /home/tmp.txt");
	system(command);
	printf(command);

//run my R script
	system("source(/home/mcannata/Rscript/temper.R)>tmp.txt");
	printf("eleboration running...");

//write my Raster to GRASS
	command = "rast.put(G,lname=";
	strcat(command,(const char*)timestamp);