[GRASSLIST:1533] memory allocation problems when using r.flow/r.flowmd

Christopher Fonnesbeck chris at fonnesbeck.org
Tue Oct 21 16:48:33 EDT 2003

Hello everyone,

I am running GRASS on OSX with 1GB RAM, yet I continually run into
memory allocation problems using r.flow or r.flowmd:

Allocating memory: elevation*** malloc: vm_allocate(size=417792) failed
with 3
*** malloc[573]: error: Can't allocate region
ERROR: G_calloc: out of memory

It there any way of working around this? I have tried both 10m and 30m
DEM's but both result in the same error.

Thanks in advance,
--
Christopher J. Fonnesbeck (c h r i s @ f o n n e s b e c k . o r g)
GA Coop. Fish & Wildlife Research Unit, University of Georgia