[GRASSLIST:1536] Re: r.in.gdal and a GeoTIFF

Ed Davison bfdi533 at cbacc-security3.bus.utexas.edu
Wed Oct 22 10:36:49 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-22 at 03:02, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 10:46:42AM -0500, bfdi533 wrote:
> > I am trying to load the following geotiff into GRASS with r.in.gdal:

> > GRASS:~/gis/data/nationalatlas/shdrlf > r.in.gdal input=shdrlfi020l.tif
> > output=shdrlf target=tx
> > ERROR: Projection of dataset does not appear to match current location.
> >
> >        cellhd.proj = 0 (unreferenced)
> >
> >        You can use the -o flag to r.in.gdal to override this check.
> >
> > So, I tried with the -o flag and now I get:
> >
> > GRASS:~/gis/data/nationalatlas/shdrlf > r.in.gdal input=shdrlfi020l.tif
> > output=shdrlf -o
> > WARNING: G_set_window(): Illegal latitude for North
>
> Do you try to import into a Lat/Long location? What does
> g.region -dp
>
> print?

GRASS:~/gis/data/nationalatlas/shdrlf > g.region -dp
projection: 3 (Latitude-Longitude)
zone:       0
datum:      wgs84
ellipsoid:  wgs84
north:      37N
south:      25N
west:       107W
east:       93W
nsres:      0:00:30
ewres:      0:00:30
rows:       1440
cols:       1680

Yup, it looks like it.  I guess the question is, then, how do I get this into my lat/long location?

Ed