[GRASSLIST:1539] Re: r.terraflow and OSX

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Wed Oct 22 23:01:26 EDT 2003

Christopher Fonnesbeck wrote:

> Anyone have information as to why terraflow is not integrated into the
> OSX distribution of GRASS? I have version 5.0.2, which is supposed to
> contain terraflow.

r.terraflow is in the 5.0.2 source package. It isn't built by default,
and so isn't included in the binary packages. In 5.0.3, it won't be in
the source package either (it has been removed from the CVS release
branch; it is only present in the CVS head).

> Moreover, I am unable to successfully compile
> terraflow myself. If anyone has had experiences getting terraflow to
> work in GRASS under OSX, I would be interested in hearing how they did
> it.

r.terraflow is rather sensitive to the version of the C++ compiler
which is used (which must be gcc, and must be the same version of gcc
as is used for the configure checks). Actually, it's rather sensitive
to a whole range of environmental factors, which has a lot to do with
the fact that it is no longer in the release branch.