[GRASSLIST:1608] Re: G_write_colors()

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Thu Oct 30 05:57:50 EST 2003

Massimiliano Cannata wrote:

> I had done in that way becouse i thougth i had segmantation falult caused by
> struct Colors *colr while the problem was a pointer conflict with a char *.
> I had a question about programming in GRASS:
>
> how can be done a debug of GRASS command in linux environment like
> is done for generic C programs?

GRASS programs can be debugged with gdb like any other program.
However, you need to run the program in etc/bin/cmd or etc/bin/inter,
not the one in bin (most of the entries in that directory are actually
links to etc/front.end; that program just runs the corresponding
program from either etc/bin/cmd or etc/bin/inter).