[GRASSLIST:1632] grass-5.0.3rc5 on cygwin

Richard Greenwood Rich at GreenwoodMap.com
Fri Oct 31 22:53:44 EST 2003

I've compiled 5.0.3rc5 on cygwin, but on starting a monitor I get:

    Socket is already in use or not accepting connections.
    Use d.mon to select a monitor
    Problem selecting x0. Will try once more
    Socket is already in use or not accepting connections.
    Use d.mon to select a monitor

I've compiled 5.0.2 from CVS and I get the same error.

However I compiled 5.7 from 9/27 CVS snapshot and monitors run properly,
and I have a 5.0.2 Xwin installed from binary which runs properly.

Unfortunately I am not smart enough to know where to even begin looking for
the source(s) of my errors, so any pointers would be appreciated.

Rich

Richard W. Greenwood, PLS
Greenwood Mapping, Inc.
Rich <at> GreenwoodMap <dot> com