[GRASSLIST:1090] Vector and Sites Importation Errors

Andy Callan acallan1 at nd.edu
Tue Sep 2 13:10:46 EDT 2003

I am exploring the capabilities of GRASS and trying to play around with some of our
data but have been running into some errors and I could not find much info on the
web about them so I would greatly appreciate any responses if these look familiar.
I had no problems getting raster data in but vector and sites have proven more
problematic.  Also the OpenOSX version of GRASS 5.0.2 I am using does not
recognize any of the MapInfo import commands(eg v.in.mif and s.in.mif), were
these added in a later release? TIA

While attempting to import DXF vector files (both binary and ASCII versions) I got
the following error:

  CONVERSION OF /Users/andrewcallan/Desktop/Yilmav12ascii.dxf TO DIG FILE:
      end of file while looking for HEADER

       (I looked at the ascii version and at the top of the file there is a "HEADER"
heading, is this not the format grass needs?)

While attempting to display a sites file that appeared to import correctly from .dbf
I got the following error:

  ERROR: G_site_new_struct: invalid # dims or fields
      can not chdir(/var/spool/clientmqueue/): No such file or directory

While attempting to import an ERSI shapefile I got a similar error:

  can not chdir(/var/spool/clientmqueue/): No such file or directory

Cheers,

  Andy Callan
  SIPA Resources International NL
  University of Western Australia