[GRASSLIST:1128] Error Problem

David Fernald fernald at ptd.net
Fri Sep 5 21:58:15 EDT 2003

Hi All,
   I've been trying to use grass5.0.2 from the OpenOSX version.  I
have found that a number of things need to run from the command line,
but that doesn't matter - I'm just working on updating my rusty UN*X
skills.
   My short problem is:

GRASS 5.0.2 > v.in.sdts catd=RD01CATD.DDF output=tobyrd
Processing CATD module
Error: Could not open FIPS 123 input file (RD01CATD.DDF)
ERROR: Unable to process SDTS CATS file. Exiting

Mapset <PERMANENT> in Location <Monroe>

I am trying to import data USGS vector data I downloaded from the
USGS - I think these are DLG files in SDTS format.  Doing exactly (I
think) the same command I have successfully imported 5 files.  I went
and did something else, came back and now I get the result above.  I
tried reinstalling grass5.0.2, I tried making and installing the USGS
fips123 libraries (in multiple places), and I've tried v.import from
tcltk (wish) and v.in.dlg*.  Nothing seems to work.  If anyone has
any sage advice, I would appreciate it.

TIA
--
David Fernald, Jr.