[GRASSLIST:1108] Re: Seeds tutorial assistance needed

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Wed Sep 3 16:46:08 EDT 2003

On Wed, 3 Sep 2003, Bill Dickinson Jr wrote:

> Hey there, gang:
>
> Can someone send me the file structure that is supposed to be created
> for the Seeds tutorial? I have downloaded the tar file, but it
> doesn't seem to have any data files in it. It expands to the
> following file structure:
>
> /leics
> /leics/leics (file)
> /leics/leics.1 (folder)
> /leics/leics.1/PERMANENT

If you download from:

http://www.geog.le.ac.uk/assist/grass/data/leics/leics.tar.Z

you get:

$ ls -R leics
leics:
PERMANENT/

leics/PERMANENT:
cats/    cell_misc/    dig/       dig_plus/  reg/         windows/
cell/    colr/         dig_att/   hist/      SEARCH_PATH
cellhd/  DEFAULT_WIND  dig_cats/  MYNAME*    WIND*

leics/PERMANENT/cats:
contours  image*    plant   rail*   segment  spillage  urban*
crash     landcov*  popln*  roads*  source   topo      water*

leics/PERMANENT/cell:
contours  image*    plant   rail*   segment  spillage  urban*
crash     landcov*  popln*  roads*  source   topo      water*

leics/PERMANENT/cellhd:
contours  image*    plant   rail*   segment  spillage  urban*
crash     landcov*  popln*  roads*  source   topo      water*

leics/PERMANENT/cell_misc:
contours/  image/    plant/  rail/   segment/  spillage/  urban/
crash/     landcov/  popln/  roads/  source/   topo/      water/

leics/PERMANENT/cell_misc/contours:
histogram  range

leics/PERMANENT/cell_misc/crash:
range

leics/PERMANENT/cell_misc/image:
histogram*  range*

leics/PERMANENT/cell_misc/landcov:
histogram*  range*

leics/PERMANENT/cell_misc/plant:
histogram  range

leics/PERMANENT/cell_misc/popln:
histogram*  range*

leics/PERMANENT/cell_misc/rail:
histogram*  range*

leics/PERMANENT/cell_misc/roads:
histogram*  range*

leics/PERMANENT/cell_misc/segment:
range

leics/PERMANENT/cell_misc/source:
histogram  range

leics/PERMANENT/cell_misc/spillage:
histogram  range

leics/PERMANENT/cell_misc/topo:
histogram  range

leics/PERMANENT/cell_misc/urban:
histogram*  range*

leics/PERMANENT/cell_misc/water:
histogram*  range*

leics/PERMANENT/colr:
contours  landcov*  rail*   spillage  urban*
image*    popln*    roads*  topo      water*

leics/PERMANENT/dig:

leics/PERMANENT/dig_att:

leics/PERMANENT/dig_cats:

leics/PERMANENT/dig_plus:

leics/PERMANENT/hist:
contours  landcov*  rail*   source    topo    water*
image*    plant     roads*  spillage  urban*

leics/PERMANENT/reg:

leics/PERMANENT/windows:
lastwindow  layers  shepshed  shepshift

which, apart from some odd permissions hanging around, should be what you
need. http://www.geog.le.ac.uk/assist/grass/seeds/ has the tutorials too,
but I think you have those. One drawback is that the original rasters are
all integer, because they were prepared for GRASS 4.*, so making new
slopes and other rasters will give different results for floating point.
The tutorial is still very interesting, though, gets a long way in not
much time.

Roger

--
Roger Bivand