[GRASSLIST:1220] Re: Digitize a scanned map on the GRASS Screen ?

Rado Bonk bonk at fns.uniba.sk
Fri Sep 12 22:09:15 EDT 2003

Dear Ghalip,

Yes, you can digitize your map using GRASS. The exact steps should be
like this:

For unrectified map.
1. import the map into GRASS (ie. "r.in.tiff")
2. digitizing (v.digit)

For rectified map:
1. produce XY location within your $GRASSDATA folder (using the GRASS
start-up dialog box). Its extent is slightly higher than the dimesnions
of your map.
2. produce the TARGET location with the cart. projection equal to your
map ()using the GRASS start-up dialog box
3. In XY location rectify the map (i.group, i.target, i. points,
i.rectify)
4. Under the TARGET location open your map.
5. Digitize it (v.digit)

For details see pages 63-70:

@book{nete02,
author={Markus Neteler and Helena Mitášová},
title={{Open Source GIS: A GRASS GIS Approach}},
publisher={{Kluver Academic Publishers}},
note={1st.edition},
year={2002}}

Regards,

Rado

Dňa Pi, 2003-09-12 at 14:57, Alip.Yasin napísal:

--
Radoslav Bonk M.S.
Dept. of Physical Geography and Geoecology
tel: +421 905 968 127 e-mail: rbonk at host.sk