[GRASSLIST:1234] possible bug?

Deuchler, Christoph Christoph.Deuchler at dlr.de
Mon Sep 15 06:55:09 EDT 2003

Hi,

while playing around with different locations I encountered the following
problem (it is possible that this is already fixed in a new version (I
tested this with 5.0.0)):
When creating a lat/lon location on a sphere with a *different* than the
default radius, it seems that the entered user radius is ignored. I tested
it using the module r.profile for measuring the distance between two points
(0,0 and 0,45). The results show that the default radius (6370997m) is used
for calculation, not the user radius.
The file PROJ_INFO also just states ellps: sphere, not the user radius. When
using a projected location everything works fine (tested with merc), the
PROJ_INFO file also contains the radius in this case.
This problem seems irrelevant when approximating the earth as a sphere, but
in the case of planet Mars for example the distances are 100% off.

Christoph