[GRASSLIST:1262] Re: creating a desktop GIS application using GRASS

Jack Varga jvarga at boulder.net
Tue Sep 16 15:06:28 EDT 2003

GPL, LGPL and other open source licenses can be used in a for profit
business model, just not in an IP business model.  The service oriented
business model may not be as profitable as sending in the BSA to
threaten and audit your network,  sue all your customers, and/or confine
them with restrictive licenses, etc., (I digress), but there is
certainly money to be had.  Most of my friends, family and colleagues
gave up on that American dream roughly around November 2000 and instead
bought stock in Halliburton.

My useless $0.02..

-jv