[GRASSLIST:1272] v.digit problem

Uttam Kumar uttamkumar123 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 17 08:01:32 EDT 2003

Dear Sir,
          I have a scanned map. I want to draw a boundry on the scanned map
and mark the latitudes and longitudes lines. I am using v.digit and keeping
the scanned raster map as a Backdrop. I am using a mouse digitizer.
I began digitizing by selecting the >POINT< and >AREA EDGE<. After
digitizing and coming back to the same point from where I started on the
map, I quit digitizing by right button click on the mouse.
I get this message:
# Points       Easting     Northing
     5          84.46        13.96
NOTE: 1 new nodes needed
POINT mode use.
Then I press left mouse button to accept the digitized area; I get an arror
message

Only one point digitized, ignoring...

I don't find any line or area when I Quit and open the vector map on the
X-window. Can anybody help me in knowing what is the problem and how to
digitize the scanned map.

thanks always,

Uttam Kumar,
Energy and Wetlands Research Group,