[GRASSLIST:1340] Re: NVIZ and r3.out.v5d

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Tue Sep 23 22:20:38 EDT 2003

Jaroslaw Kowalczyk wrote:

> I would like to ask another question. I have to use r3.out.v5d but
> instead of what I expected I got: bash: r3.out.v5d: command not found.
>
> Is this tool a standard part of GRASS 5.0.2, or maybe I have to add this
> module separately?

It is included in the source packages, but it isn't built by default
and isn't included in the binary packages. If a module isn't built by
default, that normally indicates that there is a problem with it.

If you want it, you have to build it yourself from source.

The G3D modules (of which r3.out.v5d is one) have undergone some
changes recently. They are set to be built by default in the CVS HEAD
version; if the G3D modules are important to you, it may be better to
use the CVS HEAD version rather than one of the 5.0.x releases.

BTW, those changes don't appear to have been included in the upcoming
5.0.3 release.