[GRASSLIST:1347] no categories .e00; wurtz script not applicable

stef sepd2003 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 24 14:48:27 EDT 2003

Hi,
I have a problem with importing .e00 files and the
subsequent categories that are missing.  Here is what
I have done:
m.in.e00 -s lakes.e00
<go to dig_cats>
g.copy vect=lakes, lakes.name
v.info lakes.name

I then receive information that I have missing files:
category, misc, point reg.. This seems odd to me since
when I import the lakes.e00 in ArcView I see the names
of the lakes etc.

I have run a v.report and the category description
field is empty..it looks like
   category info             area

For background information, I can display the lakes
without a problem and can get size information by
running the report--just not the category
information..

I %cat lakes.names in the dig_cats files and still see
no names of lakes..yet ArcView sees them..

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Stef