[GRASSLIST:1375] Re: cygwin 5.7 - db_driver_execute_immediate

Richard Greenwood rich at greenwoodmap.com
Sun Sep 28 22:51:07 EDT 2003

Markus Neteler wrote:
>>Thanks Markus, I updated from CVS and now get the error:
>>    multiple definition of `_db_driver_execute_immediate'
>

> Exactly this (only) error I get when compiling on Mac OSX statically.
> Dirty solution:
>
> go to lib/db/stubs/execute.c and rename the function to something else.
> Then it compiles.
>
> Clean solution:
> find it! Why does only this function cause problems but no others
> in stubs?
>

>>Sorry for all my simple questions, I do appreciate all your help.
>

> You are welcome. Whenever you get it complete, maybe
> you could package it for the rest of the world?

For now, I have taken the "Dirty solution" and I am very happy to say
that I beleive I sucessfully built 5.7, although I have not tested it
much. Thank you Markus, Glynn, and Greg for your assistance and patience
in helping me to get this far!

I would be more than happy to package what I have thus far if it would
be useful. I beleive a 'make bindist' is what would be required? I have
built without nviz (seems that I read that nviz does not work propery
under cygwin,  but if I am mistaken I will add it to my build) and with
the following options:

--enable-shared=no \
--with-gd=no \
--with-tcltk=yes \