[GRASSLIST:1387] Re: Installation on Windows

Richard Greenwood Rich at GreenwoodMap.com
Tue Sep 30 10:13:06 EDT 2003

At 03:08 PM 9/30/2003 +0200, you wrote:

>chris maden wrote:
> > I have tried to install Grass on Windows XP three times following
> > directions to the letter, each time with no success.
> >
> > Can anybody out there who has installed on XP sucessfully tell me the
> > source of there their instructions for installation and any problems I
> > need to be aware of ?

Can you be more specific with regards to what problems you are having and
what error messages are generated? e.g. can you start GRASS, but not a
monitor. Are you working on an NTFS partition? This is required.

> > Could I save myself considerable trouble by getting Linux?

GRASS runs great on Windows.

Rich

Richard W. Greenwood, PLS
Greenwood Mapping, Inc.