[GRASSLIST:3109] RE: Which DEM module is best

David Mahoney mahoneyd at unbc.ca
Tue Apr 6 10:21:56 EDT 2004

Of the two methods (v.surf.rst, r.surf.contour), I found that v.surf.rst
ran faster, unfortunately. I was hoping for more, because PCI Geomatica
ran the same dataset in a half hour. On the other hand, that DEM was full
of holes and spikes. The Grass DEM was much cleaner. The best bet is
probably to tile the dataset and run it in the background on several
computers.

David