[GRASSLIST:3135] Re: r.in.gdal failing

Philipp Molzer phil at molzer.net
Sun Apr 11 19:44:11 EDT 2004

Paul,
Thanks for the quick advice.  The problem was along the lines of your
analysis. Turns out it was my local setup.  I had gmake5 from 5.0.2 in
my path ahead of the one from 5.0.3.  So it was building against
whatever from my 5.0.2 source, which I have now cleaned out.

I am also clearer now on how to load an ArcGrid.  I run
For example, I have
16543954
16543954/16543954
16543954/16543954/DBLBND.ADF
16543954/16543954/HDR.ADF
16543954/16543954/PRJ.ADF
16543954/16543954/STA.ADF
16543954/16543954/W001001.ADF
16543954/16543954/W001001X.ADF
16543954/16543954.AUX
16543954/INFO
16543954/INFO/ARC.DIR
16543954/INFO/ARC0000.DAT
16543954/INFO/ARC0000.NIT
16543954/INFO/ARC0001.DAT
16543954/INFO/ARC0001.NIT
16543954/METADATA.DBF
16543954/METADATA.PRJ
16543954/METADATA.SHP
16543954/METADATA.SHX
16543954/METADA~1.HTM
So I:
GRASS:/DATA/GIS/USA/EROS/continuous/DEM > cd 16543954
GRASS:/DATA/GIS/USA/EROS/continuous/DEM/16543954 > r.in.gdal
input=16543954 output=myname
which works now quite nicely.  It wasn't before.

Phil