[GRASSLIST:3172] Re: advice on building a workstation PC for Grass

David Mahoney mahoneyd at unbc.ca
Wed Apr 14 19:31:09 EDT 2004

For raster processing, faster disks seem to be as important as anything.
If possible, go with serial ATA drives, and if you can afford it, a RAID
setup. Gobs of RAM also helps, as extra goes to disk caching, which speeds
you up a lot. Perhaps someone who knows more about the specific computing
requirements of GRASS could give a little more direction concerning CPU
choice.

Dave

--
Dave