[GRASSLIST:3210] Re: GRASSLIST digest 1352

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon Apr 19 02:12:31 EDT 2004

Brent,

Since you are using a Mac, I very much suggest that you look at Scott
Mitchell's page on GRASS for Mac OSX
<http://grass.itc.it/macgrass/macgrass.html>, then get Lorenzo
Moretti's Grass for Mac package
<http://wwwamb.bologna.enea.it/forgrass/ >. This lets you install GRASS
5.3 for Mac and the new experimental GRASS 5.7 for Mac, very quickly
and simply. It also lets you launch GRASS from the desktop using
startup programs with very slick new icons. If I may, I'd also suggest
that you install my new tcltkgrass GUI for GRASS 5.3. This gives you
complete access to all GRASS commands and scripts from a redesigned
GUI. You can find it at <http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton/grass>.
GRASS 5.3 does the projection conversions you want, along with a number
of other improvements.

Michael Barton

On Sunday, April 18, 2004, at 10:01 PM, Multiple recipients of list
wrote:

> From: Brent Wood <b.wood at niwa.co.nz>
> Date: Sun Apr 18, 2004  1:28:02 PM America/Phoenix
> To: grass list <GRASSLIST at baylor.edu>
> Subject: [GRASSLIST:3206] Re: bathymetry
>

> On Sun, 18 Apr 2004, Hamish wrote:
>
>>> I am using GRASS 5.0.0 on a mac (10.2.8).  I am not sure what you
>>> mean
>>> by datum support.

C. Michael Barton, Professor
Department of Anthropology