[GRASSLIST:3243] r.kappa

Nivedita Candade ncandade at mail.usf.edu
Tue Apr 20 17:46:34 EDT 2004

Yet another problem :-(
I need to do the accuracy assessment for my classified raster. I have a ground
truth file w/ 30 reference points. I converted these 30 points into a raster
and ran r.kappa. This is the output I get:

MAP1=Created by s.to.rast from julie_ground_truth at remote_sensing (julie_gt in
remote_sensing)
MAP2 = NN classifier, new training model (moderate variable selection), joshua,
SVM comparison study (j_98_nn_classified_new in remote_sensing)

Cats	% Commission	% Ommission	Estimated Kappa
1	100.000000	100.000000	-0.111111
2	0.000000	90.000000	1.000000
3	100.000000	100.000000	-0.200000
4	100.000000	100.000000	-0.500000
5	NA		NA		NA
6	NA		NA		NA
7	100.000000	100.000000	-0.071429
8	NA		NA		NA
9	NA		NA		NA
10	NA		NA		NA
11	NA		NA		NA
12	NA		NA		NA
13	NA		NA		NA
14	NA		NA		NA
15	NA		NA		NA
16	NA		NA		NA
17	NA		NA		NA
18	NA		NA		NA
19	NA		NA		NA
20	NA		NA		NA
21	NA		NA		NA
22	NA		NA		NA
23	NA		NA		NA
24	NA		NA		NA
25	NA		NA		NA
26	NA		NA		NA
27	NA		NA		NA
28	NA		NA		NA
29	NA		NA		NA
30	NA		NA		NA

Kappa		Kappa Variance
0.000000	0.003800

Obs Correct	Total Obs	% Observed Correct
1		30		3.333333

MAP1 Category Description
1:  4
2:  2
3:  2
4:  1
5:  1
6:  2
7:  1
8:  1
9:  5
10:  2
11:  3
12:  4
13:  7
14:  1
15:  7
16:  1
17:  2
18:  1
19:  4
20:  1
21:  3
22:  3
23:  2
24:  2
25:  4
26:  1
27:  3
28:  4
29:  1
30:  2

MAP2 Category Description
1:  citrus
2:  pasture
3:  sod
4:  timber
5:  urban
6:  water
7:  wetland
8:  (no description)
9:  (no description)
10:  (no description)
11:  (no description)
12:  (no description)
13:  (no description)
14:  (no description)
15:  (no description)
16:  (no description)
17:  (no description)
18:  (no description)
19:  (no description)
20:  (no description)
21:  (no description)
22:  (no description)
23:  (no description)
24:  (no description)
25:  (no description)
26:  (no description)
27:  (no description)
28:  (no description)
29:  (no description)
30:  (no description)

I seem to have gone wrong somewhere definitely either w/ r.kappa or during
reclass of categories. There seem to be 30 categories instead of seven ! I
hope I got my point across.

Can someone tell me where I am going wrong ?

Thanks,
Nivedita