[GRASSLIST:3270] Re: tcltk&

Richard Greenwood rich at greenwoodmap.com
Sat Apr 24 10:20:40 EDT 2004

Mike Francis wrote:
> Hi
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I am running an up-to-date XP Pro box, and I've downloaded all the
> components of Cygwin. The version of GRASS I've installed is 5.0.3 i686
> cygwin. The error message is generated after grass5 seems to load OK then I
> type in . tcltkgrass5. The "Error in startup script" box then pops up with
> "/usr/XIIR6/bin/xwininfo: unable to open display".
>
> Hope this makes sense to you.
> Mike

Be sure that you are using the GRASS specific version of Tcl/Tk, not the
Cygwin version. If you have installed the Cygwin Tcl/Tk, uninstall it
and then get xtcltk-8.3.4-CYGWIN.tar.gz from:
http://grass.itc.it/grass5/binary/windows_cygnus/wingrass_xserver/
and unpack it in the root of your Cygwin installation (e.g. C:/Cygwin/).

--
Richard Greenwood
www.greenwoodmap.com