[GRASSLIST:3281] Trouble with glBegin and Mesa

Michael Salisbury michaelsalisbury at comcast.net
Mon Apr 26 19:43:32 EDT 2004

I have recently changed to Debian and am trying to build GRASS.  I have
the problem that the configure script wont accept libGL.so.1 as having
glBegin.  I've googled and found some emails between Markus and Glynn (I
think) that go into the problem but I still have not been able to fix
the problem.  I understand from some of the emails that $X_LIBS is
missing from LD_FLAGS around line 880 in configure.in.  But I don't find
anything like that.  I am working with Debian "Woody", 2.4 kernal on
imac(bondi blue g3  PPC) and GRASS source 5.0.3.  Debian has a grass
package but from what I understand it's in the unstable release and its
probably better to build from scratch anyway.  I've built GRASS on YDL
3.0 running on an iBook and with OS X on an iMac.  Any help is much
appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike