[GRASSLIST:3294] Re: default start files

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Wed Apr 28 11:37:51 EDT 2004

Hello

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, Mike Francis wrote:

> Hi,
> Could someone tell me where on a Cygwin set-up the default location and name is for grass5 startup file/s. I need to access it/them from a batch file.

It's not clear to me what/why you are trying to do here. As I understand
it you should start GRASS from the Cygwin bash shell. Is there a good
reason for not doing that? Something like
c:\cygwin\bin\bash -c /usr/local/bin/grass53
might work from the Windows command prompt (or a batch file) but I'm not
sure; maybe you could elaborate on why you need it to be a Windows batch
file and not a Cygwin shell script (if, say you want to do something like
set the DISPLAY variable before starting GRASS)

Paul