[GRASSLIST:4193] Re:

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 16 19:55:10 EDT 2004

> I am having a serious problem to import site data from an ascii file:
> The file:
> 0 0  0
> 0 1  0
> 0 2  0
> 0 7  0
>
> , which is saved as a *.txt with the editor from Windows contains the
> easting in the first, the northing in the second and a category in the
> third column.
> The current region in Grass is: N 11, S-1, W -1 and East 11. The
> resolution is 0.125. I am using Grass 53 for Cygwin.
>
> s.in.ascii gives the following error: segmentation fault (core dumped)

How old is your copy of 5.3? DOS (+Mac OS9) formatted text files would
cause this error on versions older than 23 March 2004. Newer versions
should work, and your example does under Linux with a DOS format input
file. You can convert to UNIX format via "Save As.." in TextPad
(textpad.com) or with a program like dos2unix (part of cygwin?).

If that fails you can also make 5.0/5.3 sites files directly, see the
help page for details.

> The stackdump is tho follow:

The backtrace is very hard to read if the program wasn't built with
debugging symbols:

CFLAGS="-ggdb -Wall" ./configure \

Doing this slows everything down of course..

Hamish