[GRASSLIST:4230] Re: DBMI-Postgres driver error

Martin Wegmann wegmann at biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de
Mon Aug 23 11:46:56 EDT 2004

On Monday 23 August 2004 16:23, Radim Blazek wrote:
> And 'psql -h localhost grass_test'?
> Maybe you need to edit pg_hba.conf.

psql -h localhost grass_test
psql: FATAL:  IDENT authentication failed for user "baliola"

the non # part of pg_hba.conf looks like:

#
# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        IP-ADDRESS        IP-MASK           METHOD
# Database administrative login by UNIX sockets
local   all         postgres                                        ident
sameuser
#
# All other connections by UNIX sockets
local   all         all                                             ident
sameuser
#
# All IPv4 connections from localhost
host    all         all         127.0.0.1         255.255.255.255   ident
sameuser
#
# All IPv6 localhost connections
host    all         all         ::1
ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff        ident sameuser
host    all         all         ::ffff:127.0.0.1/128                ident
sameuser
#
# reject all other connection attempts
host    all         all         0.0.0.0           0.0.0.0           reject

I assume I have to change the 3. and 4. connection (localhost) from ident to
trust .

Martin