[GRASSLIST:4235] grass57 cvs; Error: Not a valid data set

georg at de-schorsch.de georg at de-schorsch.de
Tue Aug 24 04:24:01 EDT 2004

Hi all,

perhaps small, but bothering.

After a new system setup with  Linux Suse 9.1 and a successful
installation of grass57 (CVS) I want go back to work. But with every
choice in the starting location/mapset dialog i get the error:
"not a valid data set". Own data sets and standards like Spearfish are
affected.

The data sets worked fine few weeks ago before the new setup. Directory
and file rights are set properly (775). All requeried data  (
directory: PERMANENT, files: WIND, PROJ_UNIT, PROJ_INFO etc.) exist

I didnt tried to create a new mapset, because I hope to solve the
problem instead of  recreate my data (georeferencing, processing,
etc.).

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance

Georg