[GRASSLIST:5019] Re: latest 5.7-cvs can't connect to MySQL

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Thu Dec 2 03:45:53 EST 2004

On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 01:29:10PM -0800, Dylan Beaudette wrote:
> Just noticed that there was a change in the mysql driver in db.c according to
> the changelog:
>
>  * db/drivers/: postgres/db.c, postgres/parse.c, mysql/db.c: login
> ...so that would explain what the errors are all about in my previous post.
> Now the question would be, where can I safely specify my username and
> password for connecting to the MySQL db?
>
> thanks,
>

> On Wednesday 01 December 2004 01:06 pm, Dylan Beaudette wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I just noticed that I can no longer connect to my MySQL tables from within
> > GRASS 5.7-cvs..
> >
> > before I could execute:
> > db.connect driver=mysql
> > database="host=localhost,dbname=test,user=xxxx,password=xxxx"

Hi Dylan,

the login mechanism was rewritten (Radim sent a mail).
I have also updated the documentation of 'db.connect' and added
docs for 'db.login'. Please have a look at the current module
descriptions ('g.manual -i &' opens the index).

Currently I am migrating the GRASS 5.7/6.0 Tutorial to the
WIKI. Above change is already covered:

 http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/twiki/bin/view/GRASS/GrassSixTutorial
 -> Vector data management
  -> GrassSixTutorialAttributeManagement

Please note that I am working on these documents, they are not yet
completely migrated from the older 5.7 tutorial.

Cheers

 Markus