[GRASSLIST:5021] Download GRASS 57 CVS for MAC OS X

Lorenzo Moretti lorenzo.moretti at bologna.enea.it
Thu Dec 2 06:53:23 EST 2004

You can download GRASS57 CVS 041202 (11.8 MB) from
http://wwwamb.bologna.enea.it/forgrass/
It's required:
- Mac OS X 10.2.x or later;
- X11 (free from Apple);
- GRASS GIS COMPLETE (same site)

You simply drag grass57cvs app inside /Applications/Grass folder or anywhere.
GRASS GIS COMPLETE is required for libraries...

---------------------------------
New in last cvs:
Now it's possible to run much projects at the same time. Simply
double clic on grass57cvs and open your location-mapset. Every
projects has his GIS Manager, his xterm, his diplay.

---------------------------------
Bug:
Markus on 1 Dec 2004 wrote:

>AFAIK the "d.what.vect first click problem" is only related to Debian
>and MacOSX. So users of these platforms will have to debug.

Yes. In Mac OS X is a bug.

NVIZ: polyline vectors don't works.

---------------------------------

Now it's possible to use QGIS on Mac OS X linked with GRASS 57 CVS.
QGIS can open vector and raster grass formats. It's not possible to
editing vector grass formats.
If you want to know how to send me your request.

---------------------------------

Wish list
I've seen another GIS viewer, Thuban, and it has a good estension:
importAPR (ESRI format). It converts an APR file in a Thuban view.
This extension is very need for Grass for many, many new users. APR
file is an ASCII file with legend, names on Map, views, etc.
Does it possible to create a script for convert APR format into .dm
files for GIS Manager or shell scripts?

Bye
||      Lorenzo Moretti        e-mail: lorenzo.moretti at bologna.enea.it
||/|/|  ENEA prot/idr          Web: http://wwwamb.bologna.enea.it/
||   |  via Don Fiammelli, 2   FTP: ftp://ftpamb.bologna.enea.it/ (ris.)
~~~~~~  40128 BOLOGNA - ITALY  Ph: +39-0516098086  Fax: +39-0516098131