[GRASSLIST:5107] Re: showing only areas in d.vect

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 10 02:55:42 EST 2004

> I have a vector coverage of long, narrow polygons (riparian buffers)
> that I would like to display only with shaded areas (i.e. no
> boundaries). The boundaries essentially obscure the color of many
> polygons because they are thin and small. Coloring them white does not
> seem to do the trick -- is there a way of either making the
> transparent, or not drawing them at all?

d.vect fcolor=grey color=none

COLOURING:

Using "none" as a color works in most of the better display functions.
ie not d.legend ;)

e.g. 'd.barscale -m bcolor=none' is nice.

you can also do color=0:128:255 in many display modules to get
many more shades of RED:GREEN:BLUE. values range from 0-255, 0:0:0 is
black and 255:255:255 is white.

Hamish