[GRASSLIST:5119] Proper way to run 5.7 in batch mode?

Craig Aumann caumann at ualberta.ca
Fri Dec 10 12:24:27 EST 2004

I presume running grass57 in batch mode is as described in "Open Source
GIS: a GRASS GIS Approach" p. 290 with a few obvious changes?

The problem is that I have written a whole bunch of shell scripts.  When
I run the shell scripts individually my computer does load
balancing/sharing quite well.

grass57> ./script1.sh

However, if I call all the single scripts from a single script file, the
machine basically stops load sharing.  e.g.,

grass57> ./callingscript.sh

where callingscript.sh contains the lines

#!/bin/bash

script1.sh
script2.sh
script3.sh

Sometimes, I can't even change workspaces. I'm running RHEL 3.0.  I do
find this behavior very odd.

Cheers!
Craig