[GRASSLIST:5121] data set of world countries unique centroids

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Sat Dec 11 11:53:29 EST 2004

Hello,

In order to map some of the results of the GRASS Users Survey, I am looking
for a worldwide set of unique centroids per country. In the current data sets
I have (all based on the ESRI world map) each country is represented by many
different polygons, each having its own centroid, but with the same country
name identifying it. Thus, when I try to use d.vect.chart I get as many
piecharts per country as there are polygons. I would obviously prefer to have
only one chart par country.

I know I can "clean" out the data sets I have, but if anyone has a ready-to-go
free data set of unique centroids per country (or can direct me to a possible
source), it would save me some work.

Moritz