[GRASSLIST:5132] Re: [GRASS5] Re: Re: showing only areas in d.vect

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 12 17:34:43 EST 2004

> >> I have a vector coverage of long, narrow polygons (riparian
> >> buffers) that I would like to display only with shaded areas (i.e.
> >> no boundaries). The boundaries essentially obscure the color of
> >many> polygons because they are thin and small. Coloring them white
> >does> not seem to do the trick -- is there a way of either making the
> >> transparent, or not drawing them at all?
> >
> > d.vect fcolor=grey color=none
>
> Any way of allowing a choice of 'none' in the GIS Manager ?

In d.m, after clicking on "Add vector" & then "vector 1" you get a
control panel.. The "fill areas" button will set color=none for the
filling, no way of setting it for the line color from the GUI that I
know of.

Is there a way of setting personal favorites from the Pallet color
selector? If not can we fill the 5 white boxes in the bottom row with
something? (nice task for a non-programmer: pick out some
non-represented R:G:B values)

Hamish