[GRASSLIST:5192] Continuing Monitor Problems in Mac OS X 10.3.7 and Apple X11

Paul Shapley p.shapley at fsmail.net
Sun Dec 19 16:55:57 EST 2004

I posted a problem recently about displaying a monitor in the most recent version of Grass 5.7cvs 041213b on Mac OS X (10.3.7). The list responded with many suggestions about re-installing all which i have considered and tried (ref: No Display! on Dec 12th).

I am still unable to get a display after four attempts at removal and re-installation and keep getting the same error:

When i use 'display' > 'start display' > x0

'No socket to connect to for monitor <x0>
Problem selecting x0. Will try once more
No socket to connect to for monitor <x0>'

or when attempting to add a raster from the 'spearfish' data

child process exited abnormally
child process exited abnormally
    while executing
"exec d.mon start=x0 >@stdout 2>@stdout"
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"eval "exec $cmd >@stdout 2>@stdout""
    (procedure "Dm::execute" line 12)
    invoked from within
"Dm::execute "d.mon start=x0""
    (procedure "Dm::monitor" line 9)
    invoked from within
"Dm::monitor"
    (procedure "Dm::display" line 3)
    invoked from within
"Dm::display"
    (procedure "Dm::displayall" line 6)
    invoked from within
"Dm::displayall"
    ("uplevel" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"uplevel \#0 $cmd"
    (procedure "Button::_release" line 18)
    invoked from within
"Button::_release .mainframe.topf.tb0.bbox1.b1"
    (command bound to event)

I'd love to be able to assess the capabilities of Grass if only i could display some information!!,

--

Whatever you Wanadoo:
http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/time/