[GRASSLIST:5224] copying vector attributes among layers

Chris Fonnesbeck fonnesbeck at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 11:53:38 EST 2004

I'm trying to find the easiest way to transfer vector attributes
between two partly-overlapping vector layers (one line, one polygon).
I have pored over the 5.7 reference manual, and have tried everything
I could find (converting to raster, v.patch, v.overlay, etc.) but
nothing seems to work. Is there a tutorial out there that deals with
straightforward vector operations like this? If so, I would appreciate
a pointer to it, or any advice.

Thanks,
Chris