[GRASSLIST:2424] grass 5.7 vector geometry

francesco.pirotti at unipd.it francesco.pirotti at unipd.it
Sun Feb 1 03:20:27 EST 2004

Hi all,
two questions:
1 - I refreshed my grass5.7 source from cvs and compiled again but it gave me
the following error:
ld error: could not find -lGL...
of course I have all the libGL (and I compiled GRASS 5.3 successfully).  What
does it mean?

2 - To digitize polygons and associate attributes to them, there are actually
three parts in GRASS 5.7: the boundary, the centroid and the actual area (am I
correct?).  The area itself does not contain attributes, whereas the boundary
and the centroid do.  So if I want to export a shape poligon with v.out.ogr
and I select "area" as elements the exported shapefile polygon will not have
any attributes because attributes belong only to the boundary or the
centroid.  If I export boundaries I get lines and not polygons.
Am I missing a trick to get areas out of grass to shape with all the
attributes?

Thanks (sorry for the long mail)

Ciao
Francesco