[GRASSLIST:2496] Readline

Daniel Victoria daniel_victoria at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 6 13:09:58 EST 2004

Hi all,

Some time ago there was a tread discussing a
libreadline problem. I'm experiencing the same thin,
when I run configure on the 5.3cvs I get the error
unable to locate Readline library

The configure script finds all readline includes but
not the library

I know that the lib is in
/usr/local/lib/libreadline.so

On the tread there was a discussion about static or
dinamyc libraries, but I don't understand that very
well. Also, there mentioined the command:
ldd libreadline.so
which give me
libgcc_s.so.1 => /usr/local/lib/libgcc_s.so.1
libc.so.6 => /lib
/lib/ld-linux.so.2 => /lib/ld-linux.so.2

What am I doing wrong here? I need one of those "for
dummies" answer...

Thanks
Daniel