[GRASSLIST:2523] Re: r.bilinear file size limit

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Sun Feb 8 13:21:58 EST 2004

Christopher Fonnesbeck wrote:

> Is there any way of circumventing the file size limit in r.bilinear? I
> am running it on a 30m DEM for a moderate-sized watershed, and keep
> running into the file limit size error.

Only by using a platform whose "long" is 64 bits.

On a platform with a 32-bit "long" type, handling files larger than
2Gb involves re-writing the code to use the "large file" extensions.

In this case, "the code" means libgis and anything which uses it, i.e.
the whole of GRASS, and we don't have anywhere near enough manpower
to accomplish that.