[GRASSLIST:2525] Re: Was: r.in.gdal and libgdal.1.1.dylib

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Feb 9 01:12:08 EST 2004

On Sun, Feb 08, 2004 at 10:58:06AM -0700, Christof Bigler wrote:
> The import works. Apparently, the problem was the missing
> libgdal.1.1.dylib in /usr/local/lib. I had a higher libgdal.1.1.9.dylib
> version which had been installed with the GRASS binary distribution for
> OS X. I installed then the libgdal.1.1.dylib from
> http://gdal.velocet.ca/projects/grass.
>
> Another thing: Is it possible to change the man pages for r.in.gdal? It
> took me literally hours to find out that the input name should be the
> directory and not the file itself. I found this information in a mail
> to the list from, I think, 2001, and also in the Open Source GIS book
> from Neteler & Mitasova.

Christof,

in GDAL-CVS also file names work (bugfix a few days ago).
A trick for your GDAL version:

Try
 ./filename
instead of
 filename
or, as you found out, the directory name.

So for the next GDAL release it will be solved. I suggest
to keep the man page as-is.

Markus

--
Markus Neteler     <neteler itc it>       http://mpa.itc.it