[GRASSLIST:2527] Re: bringing 5.3 functions into 5.7

Radim Blazek blazek at itc.it
Mon Feb 9 09:59:09 EST 2004

On Saturday 07 February 2004 17:32, Christopher Fonnesbeck wrote:
> What is the best way of bringing functions from the 5.3 CVS source tree
> into 5.7? For example, I am interested in using s.random from 5.3,
> which is not in 5.7. Do I need to tweak a makefile somewhere, or do I
> physically move directories around. Please advise.

s.random is substituted by v.random (writes vector points).

Updates in general:
Raster only:
add directory to 5.7
add files from 5.0 to tools/link.conf
write Makefile (use Makefile from other module as example)

Sites:
If sites are used in module, some small changes are required,
v.random, s.in/out.ascii are examples how to use
G_site* functions in 5.7.

Vectors require usually much more changes.

Radim