[GRASSLIST:2537] eliminating stream fragments

Christopher Fonnesbeck chris at fonnesbeck.org
Tue Feb 10 09:52:17 EST 2004

There have been posts recently about how to remove polygon islands; on
a related note, I am wondering what is the best method for removing
line fragments from a stream coverage. That is, bits of the stream
coverage that are isolated from the main network due to the
accumulation threshold value specified in the generation of the stream
network. It doesnt look like v.clean does this, but please correct me
if I'm wrong.

Thanks,
C.
--
Christopher J. Fonnesbeck ( c h r i s @ f o n n e s b e c k . o r g )
Georgia Cooperative Fish & Wildlife Research Unit, University of Georgia