[GRASSLIST:2591] Re: v.in.ogr --- what does this error mean, and where's it coming from?

Tom Russo russo at bogoflux.losalamos.nm.us
Fri Feb 13 02:55:28 EST 2004

On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 10:24:19AM +0100, a Mr. Richard Feyler of Fort Lee, New Jersey <blazek at itc.it> writes 'Dear Rosanne Rosannadanna':

> [...concerning my attempt to import a shapefile...]
> I have tried to create the table and it works. Could you also try
> to create the table by db.execute?:
> echo "create table trails (cat integer, ....." | db.execute
> (use whole statement of course)

The result was another "DBMI-DBF driver error: (null)", but this
time with a segmentation violation and a core dump.  That might help.  I'll
try to see if the core dump points me in the right direction.

Since I'm running on FreeBSD and not any flavor of linux, and there have
been major porting headaches, perhaps there's something odd about how some
particular file is compiled that wasn't a problem when I first built Grass 5.7
in November.

Thanks for the suggestion, it has probably gotten me going in the right
direction.

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1 http://www.qsl.net/~km5vy/
 "It is inhumane in my opinion to force people who have a genuine
  medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently
  view it as some kind of recreational activity."  -- Dave Barry