[GRASSLIST:2600] Extracting transects from sites

Adalberto da Silva adalberto_s at uol.com.br
Fri Feb 13 13:33:29 EST 2004

Hello,

I have a huge sites list derived from side-scan sonar data. There are
millions of UTM coordinate pairs and their corresponding depths.

I'm going to interpolate this dataset but I want to extract some transects
from 'real' data to cross-examine to grid derived data.

In a few words, I need to extract all (x,y,z) triplets from my sites file
that lies along a dozen lines and are not farther than 100 meters from this
line.

Does anybody have any clue?

Thanks,

Adalberto da Silva
Departamento de Geologia - LAGEMAR - UFF