[GRASSLIST:2626] Re: Compilation of grass54src_cvs

Scott Mitchell smitch at mac.com
Sun Feb 15 10:21:17 EST 2004

Yes, the newer system incorporates the release number and the date of
the "snapshot" into the directory name, so those instructions are out
of date.

In your case, the directory name you need to "jump to" is
grass53_exp_2004_02_14

I'll update the instructions.

Scott

On Feb 15, 2004, at 5:03, Aldo Clerici wrote:

> Dear GRASS user,
> I'm trying to compile GRASS5.3 (grass53src_cvs_snaps..> 14-feb-2004
> 05:49)
> following the instructions of /grass5/source/README.html.
> The commands
>         gunzip grass53src........tar.gz
>         tar -xvf grass53src......tar
>
> worked well, but the new directory mentioned in the instructions:

>        A) If you have "root" access to your machine:
>
>           Jump into the new directory "grass5.0.X" (change X to the
> current
>           release number):
>             cd grass5.0.X
>
> is not created. The questions are:
> does the snapshot version require a different installing procedure?
> may be the directory is created with a very different name (CVS?) ?
> have I to manually create the directory ?
>
> Many thanks in advance
>
> Aldo Clerici
> Dip. Sc. della Terra Univ. Parma

----
Scott Mitchell, Assistant Professor, Carleton University
Department of Geography & Environmental Studies, Loeb A209
Mailing:  Loeb B349, 1125 Colonel By Dr., Ottawa, ON K1S 5B6 Canada
1-613-520-2600 x2695 Fax: 613-520-4301 Scott_Mitchell at carleton.ca