[GRASSLIST:2640] Re: couldn´t execute "v.trim": no such file or directory

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Mon Feb 16 06:45:40 EST 2004

Hello Michaela

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Kinberger Michaela wrote:

> I wanted to use v.trim but the command wasn´t found. But the manual
> exists, so why can´t I use this modul?

Manual pages are stored separately from the source code in the GRASS
source code repository and they are always installed even if the module is
not compiled...

> I am using GRASS 5.0.2 Binaries from April 2003
>
> Any idea? What can I use instead?

It would seem to be disabled because it has too many bugs:
http://freegis.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/grass/src/mapdev/v.trim/BUGS

You would need to get the GRASS source code and compile it yourself if you
wanted it.

Maybe use v.support with the option to remove dangles (set an appropriate
threshold)? I'm not sure if that is roughly the same thing or not.

Paul