[GRASSLIST:2670] i.points and composite images

Kirk R. Wythers kwythers at umn.edu
Tue Feb 17 15:32:28 EST 2004

I am trying to rectify a series of scanned color images. The images
were read into an xy location with r.in.gdal, Then the individual rgb
bands were recombined with r.composite (for simplicities sake). I ran
i.target to assign each group to the target location (a utm location).
I was going to remove the individual rgb images (with g.mremove)  and
rectify the composite image only, however, upon running i.points, I
don't see the composite image as a selection option (only the rgb bands
are present).

Is this a strong hint to not remove the rgb bands until after the
rectification process is complete?

Thanks,

Kirk

Kirk R. Wythers	                                     tel: 612.625.2261
Dept. of Forest Resources                 fax: 612.625.5212
University of Minnesota      email: kwythers at umn.edu