[GRASSLIST:2687] Re: New Interested!

Greg Sepesi sepesi at eduneer.com
Thu Feb 19 09:20:51 EST 2004

> Subject: [GRASSLIST:2679] Re:Re: New Interested!
> Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 16:35:10 +0100
> From: "Roberto Micarelli" <mi.ro at iol.it>
> To: "sepesi" <sepesi at eduneer.com>
> CC: "GRASSLIST" <GRASSLIST at baylor.edu>
>
> In the next months I'm going to close some boring commercial developments.  My idea is to start back from the requirements of a new library version, mainly focusing on GRASS needs. DGLib didn't start that way and was later adapted to use in GRASS. I'll try to read and understand your work. What do you think about starting a team? I mean: you (Greg), Radim and me... and every one else interested. Radim is a great requirements pusher! He can make you program one year following a five minutes conversation. :-) It would be worth having some funds to do it...
>
> Roberto

Hi Roberto,

I think Radim Blazek, Markus Neteler and David Gray have the best vision
of GRASS's vector needs.  Although my work with SVG (Scalable Vector
Graphics) seems to be presently outside the scope of GRASS, I'm
definitely interested in exploring the integration of the two.

Don't wait too long to get back to GRASS development ... at Radim's
present rate, there may not be any vector work left to do in a few
months. :*)

Greg