[GRASSLIST:2749] Re: R.los - scripting analysis, from sites file/data

Lars Forseth larsf at powertech.no
Wed Feb 25 12:56:35 EST 2004

On Tuesday 24 February 2004 23:42, Paul Kelly wrote:
> Hello
> Not a direct answer to your question but you would do well to look at
> r.cva: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~tcrnmar/GIS/r.cva.html
> You don't say what the ultimate goal of your LOS analysis is but r.cva has
> some very interesting and powerful modes of operation with specific
> application to inter-visibility analyses of archaeological sites. There
> are some nice usage examples and screenshots on the above website.

<Rest snipped>
Thanks for the answer, I think I agree with you. But I am a recent convert to
grass (previously I used to have access to arcinfo and ArcView 3D analyst,
i.e I worked for The university of oslo, which had a sitelicence from ESRI).

I know about r.cva, and that was my next call; but I have to compile it from
source. And I suspect that is a more complicated task than s.kernel, which
Glynn so elegantly showed me how to compile. I.e, that I will have to install
grass 5x from source.

Regards

Larsf

Lars Forseth