[GRASSLIST:2750] r.patch multiple maps

Martin du Saire mdusaire at umn.edu
Wed Feb 25 17:25:38 EST 2004

Hi,

I attempted to use r.patch -z input=bufferzone,map1,map2,...
output=map_data_in_bufferzone

to fill a zone with data from multiple maps, but the procedure only merged
data from the first map in the list (map1).  No error was reported.  In
order to map all maps into bufferzone, I ended up

r.patch input=map1,map2,map3,... output=all_maps
r.patch -z input=bufferzone,all_maps output=map_data_in_bufferzone

Is it necessary to do this in two steps?

Thanks.  This is great software, now if I only knew what I was doing...

Martin